Many of us are thinking about holidays and family gathering. We presume real estate market will slow down during the holiday around Northern Virginia area.
If you are a home buyer or seller think before you put off your decision to purchase or sell your home during winter or holidays in DC Metro area.
Here are 7 reasons which may instigate to help you make a decision to buy or sell your home during holidays!
- Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible or right after the holidays.
- Purchasers/sellers who are looking to buy or sell their homes during the holidays are serious buyers/sellers.
- Interest rates are still fairly lower and lenders don’t have a huge backlog like they do during spring and summer market.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays and create a warm feeling.
- With short daylight buyers and sellers are scheduling appointments ahead of the time that gives everyone an ample of time to be ready to preview the home rather than rushing.
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching! Sellers don’t be afraid to be on the market NOW.
- Northern Virginia picked up right after holidays in 2017. If that trend continues as a home buyer you may be dealing with multiple offers and heated competition once again. If you are a home seller and market slows down due to weather or tax implication you may be better off selling NOW rather than waiting on spring market.